A delicious broccoli casserole recipe that is simple to create.
Ingredients for broccoli casserole:
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 8-10oz broccoli spears
- 8 ounces sliced brown mushrooms
- 4 peeled plum tomatoes (chopped),
- 1/2 cup double cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon Garam Massalla (or curry powder)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- pinch of chilli powder
- half teaspoon sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 pinches of black pepper
- Grated Cheddar style cheese
Sweat the onion and garlic on olive oil for about 5 minutes on a low heat. You want the onion to be cooked without going brown.
Place in a caserole dish together with the broccoli, mushrooms and tomatoes.
In a seperate bowl or jug, add the Garam Massalla, chilli powder, cumin, sugar salt and pepper to the cream and milk. Mix before pouring over the vegetables.
Sprinkle a small handful of cheese on top and cook in the oven for 25 to 30 inutes at 375 degrees farenheit.
Serve with rice