Easy to prepare and quick to whip up, this healthy midweek meal is a staple in our weekly diet.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- Sunflower oil for frying
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- half inch of ginger (peeled and chopped)
- large tomato (peeled and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 2 stp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 can chickpeas
- 250g spinach
- 4 tablespons natural yogurt
- pinch of salt
- fresh coriander leaves to garnish
Rice or Naan
Method (15 minutes cooking time)
Fry the onions and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the ginger and spices and fry for a further minute. Now add the tomato and tomato pureeand chick peas and stir well.
Add two tablespoons of water and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. after 5 minutes add the spinach and cover the pan until the spinach has wilted (about 3 minutes).
Take off the heat and add lemon juice and salt. Stir well and finally add the yogurt. Then serve with rice or Naan bread and sprinkle a garnish of chopped coriander leaves.