Large flat portobello mushrooms are an excellent base for a simple supper dish. Also excellent as a burger replacement. This recipe serves four people
Ingredients for Grilled portobello mushroom recipe
- 4 large fresh portobello mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 fresh garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon thyme (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon rosemary (chopped)
- Pinch of dried red chillis
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 teaspoons fresh parmesan cheese
How to prepare Grilled portebello mushrooms
Finely chop the garlic and herbs.
Mix them together with the oil to make a marinade.
Place the mushrooms upside down in a large high sided tray and pour on the marinade. Refridgerate for 2 hours to let the flavours infuse into the mushroom. Add salt and pepper.
To cook, simply place under a medium grill for 4 minutes. Sprinkle parmesan and cook for 1 minutes more. Serve as you would a burger in a bun with cheese, salad and relishes.